The Housing Secretary has announced:
- new funding for the replacement of unsafe cladding for all leaseholders in residential buildings 18 metres (6 storeys) and over in England;
- a new scheme for buildings between 11 and 18 metres for cladding removal, where needed, through a long-term, low interest, Government-backed financing arrangement;
- plans for a ‘Gateway 2’ developer levy, to apply when developers seek permission to develop certain high-rise buildings in England;
- a new tax for the UK residential property development sector;
- the Government will bring forward legislation this year to tighten the regulation of building safety and to review the construction products regime to prevent malpractice arising again.